Using a REALTOR® is invaluable - but "Why use a local REALTOR®"? Buying or selling a home is a complex and often very emotional process being one of the biggest major business transactions most of us ever make. It requires tremendous knowledge and experience and a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. That’s why it helps to use the services of a real estate professional who is a member of a real estate board. REALTORS® have the training, knowledge and experience to help you every step of the way -- from the moment you think about buying or selling, to the time when the business transaction has been finalized.
"Why use a local REALTOR®"? Other than the physical features of a property, there are many other important factors that Buyers and Sellers should be informed of. Some of these factors could be specific to your geographical area of interest such as:
• Local market conditions
• Comparable MLS® Sales data
• Niagara Escarpment Commission
• Saugeen Conservation & Grey Sauble Conservation Authority
• Waterfront/Shoreline Properties
- High-water mark … where is the property boundary?
- Deeded access and road allowances
- Cottage associations
- Local Native rights
• Farming operations
• Approved and potential developments
• Official Plans of the local municipalities and counties
• Development charges
• Designated historical buildings
• Bruce Trail
• Snowmobile Trails
• Landfill sites
• Wind power and power corridors
• Water Supply
- Municipal vs. private or shared wells
- drilled/dug/shore wells or cisterns
- Jet vs. submersible well pumps
- Well and water quality reports
• Septic systems and Use permits … what properties should have them
• Access permits
- Oil vs. propane
- What are the new regulations governing oil heating systems?
- What is a W.E.T.T. inspection?
Your local REALTOR® can help you determine if you need to be concerned with any of the above and assist you in obtaining the necessary information. In addition, your local REALTOR®:
• has access to full local MLS® data
• is a professionally trained REALTOR® who may be able to sell your home quicker and at a better price than you could get privately because of access to potential clients
• knows what's happening politically and environmentally in our area
• is aware of approved and potential developments (the last thing most homeowners want is the development of a mall or a high-rise office building across the road from their home)
• knows the neighbourhoods and communities that best match your criteria (some are more desirable than others; some are geared more to young families, older adults, singles or a diverse mix of residents)
• is aware of drawbacks such as highway noise, train tracks and airports
• knows availability of shopping, public transit, recreational and religious facilities
• is aware of what kinds of schools and services are available; whether kids will be bussed to their school or if the school is close by, whether they'll have to cross major intersections
A local REALTOR® is your invaluable resource who lives, works and plays in the area - therefore knows the area. They take Continuing Education to keep up-to-date on important issues that may affect your most important decision in a lifetime! YOUR LOCAL REALTOR® - HAS THE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE YOU SIMPLY NEED TO KNOW!
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license